Tuesday 24 April 2018

Textual Grammar (Class - xii wbchse) Strong Roots

1 comment
                Textual grammar 
              (Class -xii of wbchse)
                   Strong Roots 
                            APJ  Abdul Kalam

Change the Voice

1. I do not recall the exact number of people. 

Ans. The exact number of people is not recalled by me.

2. She would place a banana leaf before me.
 
ANS. A banana leaf would be placed before me by her. 

3. She then ladled rice and aromatic sambar.

 ANS. Rice and aromatic sambar were then ladled by her.

 4. Many of them offered bowls of water to my father.

 ANS. Bowls of water were offered to my father by many of them.

5. This water was then carried home for  invalids. 

Ans. Then they carried this water home for invalids.

6. Father asked them to thank Allah, the merciful. 

Ans. They were asked to thank Allah, the merciful by father.

7.  My father could convey complex concepts in very simple, down-to-earth Tamil.  

Ans . Complex spiritual concepts could be conveyed by my father in very simple, down to-earth Tamil.

 9. Try to understand the relevance of your sufferings.  

 ANS. The relevance of your sufferings should be tried to understand.

10.   Adversity always presents opportunities  for introspection.

 ANS. Opportunities are always presented by adversity for introspection.

11. He put his hands on my shoulders.

ANS. His hands were put on my shoulders (by him)

12 His answer filled me with a strange energy and enthusiasm.

ANS. I was filled with a strange energy and enthusiasm by his answer.

13. This should never be followed.
Ans. One should never follow this.

Change the mood of Narration

1.  He once told me, "Try to understand the relevance of your sufferings."

ANS. He once advised me to try to understand the relevance of my sufferings.

2. He once told me "Adversity always presents opportunities for introspectio 

Ans. He once told me that adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.

3.  Why don't you say this to the people who come to you for help and advice?" I asked my father. 

Ans. I asked my father why he did not say that to the people who came to him for help and advice.

 6 He said, "Whenever they are in trouble, they look for someone to help them." 

Ans. He said that whenever they are in trouble, they look for someone to help them.

Do as directed:

1. I had not the faintest idea of the meaning of the Arabic prayers chanted.(Degree)

 Ans. I had not even a faint idea of the meaning of the Arabic prayers chanted.

 2. My mother's lineage was  more distinguished than my father's. (Degree)

Ans. My fatherr's lineage was not as distinguished as my mother's. 

3. One of the most vivid memories of my early  childhood is one of the two men.(Degree)

Ans. Very few memories of my early childhood are  as vivid as of the two men. 

Or, The memory of the two men  is more vivid than most memories of my early  childhood. 

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It

1 comments:

Ankit dey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.